Greater Arizona Collection Audio and Visual Materials
- 10 Public
- 2 Fannin, Paul J. (Paul Jones), 1907-2002.
- 2 Hayden, Carl Trumbull, 1877-1972.
- 1 Action Citizens Committee
- 1 African American Women -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 African Americans -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 Air Crash
- 1 Aircraft Accidents -- Arizona -- Grand Canyon
- 1 Arizona -- History.
- 1 Arizona -- Tourism.
- 1 Brooks, G. Benjamin
- 1 Canyon Tours, Inc.
- 1 Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) -- Recreational Use.
- 1 Cowboys -- Songs and music.
- 1 DiMaggio, Joe, 1914-1999.
- 1 Elson, Roy Lane.
- 1 Folk Music -- Arizona.
- 1 Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (Utah And Ariz.))
- 1 Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998.
- 1 Greene Arthur Hayward 1895 : Greene family.
- 1 Harless, Meredith (Florence Meredith Howard), 1909-1996 -- Archives.
- 1 Harless, Richard F. (Richard Fielding), 1905-1970.
- 1 Hotel Westward Ho
- 1 Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973.
- 1 Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963.
- 1 Murphy, Jack, 1926-2002.
- 1 National Association for the Advancement of Colored People -- Arizona -- History.
- 1 Peters, Susan, 1921-1952.
- 1 Plane Crash
- 1 Pyle, Howard, 1906-1987.
- 1 Ragsdale Mortuary
- 1 Rhodes, John J. (John Jacob), 1916-2003.
- 1 Shrine of St. Joseph of the Mountains
- 1 Steiger, Sam, 1929-2012.
- 1 Stengel, Casey.
- 1 Street-railroads -- Arizona -- Phoenix.
- 1 Tourism -- Arizona.
- 1 Transportation -- Arizona -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation. Phoenix -- History.
- 1 Valley Life and Casualty Insurance Company
- 1 Winton, Jane, 1905-1959.
- 1 Yarnell (Ariz.) -- History.
Film produced by the State of Arizona Development Board to promote tourism ca. 1964. The Grand Canyon, rodeos, hotels and restaurants, fashion shows, Japanese flower gardens, auto, horse and dog racing and many other topics are depicted.
- Arizona Development Board, Canyon Films Inc.
The music of cowgirl musician Billie Maxwell and her father's White Mountain Orchestra from Nutrioso, Arizona. Ms. Maxwell's songs are solo recordings while the instrumental numbers are by the orchestra.
- Maxwell, Billie
- Created Date
KOOL-TV coverage documenting the event at the Hotel Westward Ho in Phoenix, November 17, 1961. President John F. Kennedy, Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson, Senate Majority Leader Mike Mansfield and Arizona Governor Paul Fannin appear along with a number of other Arizona and national politicians. The event program, an index with time codes and selected clips are also presented.
- Created Date
Recorded messages to US servicemen in Vietnam from several Arizona US Senators and Congressmen in February, 1971, and an August 21, 1965 interview with Barry Goldwater re: racial violence in California, defense spending, Central Arizona Project, Republican party politics and his recent back surgery. Murphy's coverage of the 1956 TWA/United airplane crash at the Grand Canyon for KOOL-TV is also included.
A silent motion picture depicting the last run of the Phoenix Street Railway in 1947 plus audio recordings of interviews with several past employees, including motorman Sam Hodges who was employed by the railway in 1913. The interviewer and most interviewees are unidentified.
- Hodges, Sam
Predominantly Sunday morning religious radio programs hosted by Austin Coleman and sponsored by the Ragsdale Mortuary and the Valley Life Insurance Company. Programs were recorded to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation. Broadcasts feature christian and gospel music, advertisements for the Ragsdale mortuary and insurance businesses, and political and social commentary by Lincoln and Eleanor Ragsdale and many others. Broadcast on KCAC radio, Phoenix in 1963 and 1964.
- Coleman, Austin, Ragsdale, Lincoln, Ragsdale, Eleanor
Meredith Harless interviews several individuals for KTAR radio in 1951 including her husband US Congressman Richard Harless, Arizona FBI Agent William Murphy, US Congressmen Harold “Porque” Patten (D-AZ), Walter S. Baring Jr. (D-NV), Wesley A. D'Ewart (R-MT), and Charley Willis, Executive Secretary of the Small Miners Association of Arizona, New York Yankees Joe DiMaggio and Casey Stengel,. and actresses Susan Peters and Jane Winton. Disc 1: Arizona Close Ups: George Bennett – Dick Harless 3/21/51 KTAR# 7505A Disc 2: Meredith Harless Interviews Wm. Murphy 1/14/51 KTAR# 7432A; United States Congressmen Discussing Small Mines Prob. 5/12/51 #7432B Disc 3: Meredith Harless ...
- Created Date
An online exhibit presented in PDF files for sustainability. Moving Waters documents the Greene Family's Glen Canyon recreational tourism businesses including Canyon Tours, Inc., Cliff Dweller's Lodge and Wahweap Lodge and Marina. Photographs depicting Glen Canyon before dam construction and the use of airboats on the Colorado River are included.
- Created Date
Roy Elson, Administrative Assistant to Senator Carl T. Hayden (D-AZ) is interviewed by historian Jack August regarding Arizona politics, Arizona vs. California water allocation litigation, Barry Goldwater, Don Bolles and other topics. Side A: 03:45 James Folsom Moore and Fort Huachuca 05:50 Eugene Pulliam 13:40 Harry Rosenzweig 15:30 Liberty Bank charter controversy 23:05 Don Bolles 29:00 Barry Goldwater 39:35 Arizona vs. California Side B: 00:00 Arizona vs. California continued 07:20 Governor Jerry Brown comes to AZ (1964) 10:45 Morris and Stewart Udall 12:10 Sam Steiger 13:30 Eugene Pulliam 14:20 Don Bolles/Organized crime in AZ
- Elson, Roy, August, Jack
- Created Date
A color documentary film introducing a "Yarnell Senior Citizen Longevity Study" sponsored by Bobst Products Inc. ca. 1954. The film promotes the town of Yarnell as a retirement destination, including significant footage depicting the Shrine of St. Joseph of the Mountains. Narrated by Governor Howard Pyle.
Greater Arizona Collection Audio and Visual Materials consist of archival audio recordings, motion pictures and video productions selected from the Arizona Collection. Media is added as permissions are secured, and resources for digitization become available.