Arizona Collection Audio and Visual Materials
- 4 English
- 4 Public
- 1 Action Citizens Committee
- 1 African American Women -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 African Americans -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 Brooks, G. Benjamin
- 1 DiMaggio, Joe, 1914-1999.
- 1 Elson, Roy Lane.
- 1 Harless, Meredith (Florence Meredith Howard), 1909-1996 -- Archives.
- 1 Harless, Richard F. (Richard Fielding), 1905-1970.
- 1 Hayden, Carl Trumbull, 1877-1972.
- 1 National Association for the Advancement of Colored People -- Arizona -- History.
- 1 Peters, Susan, 1921-1952.
- 1 Ragsdale Mortuary
- 1 Stengel, Casey.
- 1 Street-railroads -- Arizona -- Phoenix.
- 1 Transportation -- Arizona -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation. Phoenix -- History.
- 1 Valley Life and Casualty Insurance Company
- 1 Winton, Jane, 1905-1959.
Roy Elson, Administrative Assistant to Senator Carl T. Hayden (D-AZ) is interviewed by historian Jack August regarding Arizona politics, Arizona vs. California water allocation litigation, Barry Goldwater, Don Bolles and other topics. Side A: 03:45 James Folsom Moore and Fort Huachuca 05:50 Eugene Pulliam 13:40 Harry Rosenzweig 15:30 Liberty Bank charter controversy 23:05 Don Bolles 29:00 Barry Goldwater 39:35 Arizona vs. California Side B: 00:00 Arizona vs. California continued 07:20 Governor Jerry Brown comes to AZ (1964) 10:45 Morris and Stewart Udall 12:10 Sam Steiger 13:30 Eugene Pulliam 14:20 Don Bolles/Organized crime in AZ
- Elson, Roy, August, Jack
- Created Date
Meredith Harless interviews several individuals for KTAR radio in 1951 including her husband US Congressman Richard Harless, Arizona FBI Agent William Murphy, US Congressmen Harold “Porque” Patten (D-AZ), Walter S. Baring Jr. (D-NV), Wesley A. D'Ewart (R-MT), and Charley Willis, Executive Secretary of the Small Miners Association of Arizona, New York Yankees Joe DiMaggio and Casey Stengel,. and actresses Susan Peters and Jane Winton. Disc 1: Arizona Close Ups: George Bennett – Dick Harless 3/21/51 KTAR# 7505A Disc 2: Meredith Harless Interviews Wm. Murphy 1/14/51 KTAR# 7432A; United States Congressmen Discussing Small Mines Prob. 5/12/51 #7432B Disc 3: Meredith Harless ...
- Created Date
Predominantly Sunday morning religious radio programs hosted by Austin Coleman and sponsored by the Ragsdale Mortuary and the Valley Life Insurance Company. Programs were recorded to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation. Broadcasts feature christian and gospel music, advertisements for the Ragsdale mortuary and insurance businesses, and political and social commentary by Lincoln and Eleanor Ragsdale and many others. Broadcast on KCAC radio, Phoenix in 1963 and 1964.
- Coleman, Austin, Ragsdale, Lincoln, Ragsdale, Eleanor
A silent motion picture depicting the last run of the Phoenix Street Railway in 1947 plus audio recordings of interviews with several past employees, including motorman Sam Hodges who was employed by the railway in 1913. The interviewer and most interviewees are unidentified.
- Hodges, Sam
Arizona Collection Audio and Visual Materials consist of archival audio recordings, motion pictures and video productions selected from the Arizona Collection. Media is added as permissions are secured, and resources for digitization become available.