Arizona Collection Audio and Visual Materials
- 11 English
- 19 Public
- 2 Canyon Tours, Inc.
- 2 Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) -- Recreational Use.
- 2 Fannin, Paul J. (Paul Jones), 1907-2002.
- 2 Governors -- Arizona.
- 2 Hayden, Carl Trumbull, 1877-1972.
- 2 Rhodes, John J. (John Jacob), 1916-2003.
- 1 Academic Freedom -- Arizona
- 1 Action Citizens Committee
- 1 African American Women -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 African Americans -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 Air Crash
- 1 Aircraft Accidents -- Arizona -- Grand Canyon
- 1 Arizona -- Genealogy -- Indexes.
- 1 Arizona -- History.
- 1 Arizona -- Tourism.
- 1 Brooks, G. Benjamin
- 1 Civil Rights -- Arizona
- 1 Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) -- Arizona -- History.
- 1 Compton, William Edward, 1945-1977.
- 1 Cowboys -- Songs and music.
- 1 DiMaggio, Joe, 1914-1999.
- 1 Elson, Roy Lane.
- 1 Flood damage -- Arizona -- Phoenix.
- 1 Floods -- Arizona -- Salt River.
- 1 Folk Music -- Arizona.
- 1 Freedom of Speech -- Arizona
- 1 Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (Utah And Ariz.))
- 1 Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998.
- 1 Governors -- Utah.
- 1 Greene Arthur Hayward 1895 : Greene family.
- 1 Greene, Arthur Hayward 1895-
- 1 Harless, Meredith (Florence Meredith Howard), 1909-1996 -- Archives.
- 1 Harless, Richard F. (Richard Fielding), 1905-1970.
- 1 Hotel Westward Ho
- 1 Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973.
- 1 Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963.
- 1 Mote, Ted
- 1 Murphy, Jack, 1926-2002.
- 1 Names, Personal -- Arizona -- Indexes.
- 1 National Association for the Advancement of Colored People -- Arizona -- History.
- 1 Peters, Susan, 1921-1952.
- 1 Phoenix (Ariz.) -- History
- 1 Phoenix (Ariz.) -- History -- Pictorial Works.
- 1 Phoenix Metropolitan Area (Ariz.) -- Aerial Photographs.
- 1 Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport -- History.
- 1 Plane Crash
- 1 Political Activists -- Phoenix.
- 1 Pyle, Howard, 1906-1987.
- 1 Ragsdale Mortuary
- 1 Recreation Areas -- Arizona -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 Recreation Areas -- Arizona -- Phoenix -- Planning.
- 1 Rodeos -- Arizona -- History.
- 1 Shrine of St. Joseph of the Mountains
- 1 Starsky, Morris J., 1933-1989.
- 1 Steiger, Sam, 1929-2012.
- 1 Stengel, Casey.
- 1 Street-railroads -- Arizona -- Phoenix.
- 1 Tourism -- Arizona.
- 1 Transportation -- Arizona -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation. Phoenix -- History.
- 1 Urban Parks -- Arizona -- Phoenix Metropolitan Area -- Public Opinion.
- 1 Valley Life and Casualty Insurance Company
- 1 Watergate Affair, 1972-1974 -- Sources.
- 1 Winton, Jane, 1905-1959.
- 1 Yarnell (Ariz.) -- History.
- 1 Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park (Yuma, Ariz.) -- History.
Off-air copies of KCAC broadcasts including Bill Compton interviews with Ted Mote, Arizona ACLU and terminated Arizona State University professor of Philosophy Morris Starsky (June 11, 1970). Both interviews are joined in progress.
Recorded messages to US servicemen in Vietnam from several Arizona US Senators and Congressmen in February, 1971, and an August 21, 1965 interview with Barry Goldwater re: racial violence in California, defense spending, Central Arizona Project, Republican party politics and his recent back surgery. Murphy's coverage of the 1956 TWA/United airplane crash at the Grand Canyon for KOOL-TV is also included.
Predominantly Sunday morning religious radio programs hosted by Austin Coleman and sponsored by the Ragsdale Mortuary and the Valley Life Insurance Company. Programs were recorded to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation. Broadcasts feature christian and gospel music, advertisements for the Ragsdale mortuary and insurance businesses, and political and social commentary by Lincoln and Eleanor Ragsdale and many others. Broadcast on KCAC radio, Phoenix in 1963 and 1964.
- Coleman, Austin, Ragsdale, Lincoln, Ragsdale, Eleanor
Amateur silent color film footage of President Nixon's arrival at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix (likely October 31, 1970) and local anti-war protesters, some likely responding to the Kent State "massacre" in 1970. Nixon is barely visable from a distance as he disembarks from Air Force One in this brief clip.
- Created Date
Raw silent film footage produced for local news outlets documenting flood conditions in the Phoenix metropolitan area.
- Created Date
Silent color motion picture documenting the last Colorado River boat tour before the construction of Glen Canyon Dam. This invitational event featured Governor Paul Fannin of Arizona, Governor George Clyde of Utah, National Park Service personnel and several other Arizona public officials and special guests. The tour from Hite, Utah to the present day location of Glen Canyon Dam was organized and led by Art Greene of Canyon Tours Inc.
- Created Date
Civilian Conservation Corps and personal silent films created by the itinerant CCC chaplain. A compilation of B&W and color clips. 00:00 Inauguration of Governor Rawghlie Stanford at State Capitol, January 1937. 01:42 Flood Control/Dam construction site, possibly Bartlett Dam. 02:45 CCC Basketball team, action and posed. Company 830? 03:19 Arizona Territorial Prison at Yuma 04:23 Desert CCC camp w/officers and CCC personnel. 05:43 Palm-lined city street w/cars, likely Phoenix. 05:58 Rodeo, possibly at Arizona State Fair. 06:28 Native American parade at Phoenix Southern Pacific RR Station. Indian Band from Sacaton, Arizona 06:52 Outdoor picnic with native american families. 08:19 Boy ...
- Freye, Benjamin
- Created Date
A silent motion picture depicting the last run of the Phoenix Street Railway in 1947 plus audio recordings of interviews with several past employees, including motorman Sam Hodges who was employed by the railway in 1913. The interviewer and most interviewees are unidentified.
- Hodges, Sam
Film produced by the State of Arizona Development Board to promote tourism ca. 1964. The Grand Canyon, rodeos, hotels and restaurants, fashion shows, Japanese flower gardens, auto, horse and dog racing and many other topics are depicted.
- Arizona Development Board, Canyon Films Inc.
Arizona Collection Audio and Visual Materials consist of archival audio recordings, motion pictures and video productions selected from the Arizona Collection. Media is added as permissions are secured, and resources for digitization become available.