Greater Arizona Collection Audio and Visual Materials
Greater Arizona Collection Audio and Visual Materials consist of archival audio recordings, motion pictures and video productions selected from the Arizona Collection. Media is added as permissions are secured, and resources for digitization become available.
- 10 English
- 18 Public
- 2 Canyon Tours, Inc.
- 2 Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) -- Recreational Use.
- 2 Fannin, Paul J. (Paul Jones), 1907-2002.
- 2 Governors -- Arizona.
- 2 Hayden, Carl Trumbull, 1877-1972.
- 2 Rhodes, John J. (John Jacob), 1916-2003.
- 1 Academic Freedom -- Arizona
- 1 Action Citizens Committee
- 1 African American Women -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 African Americans -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 Air Crash
- 1 Aircraft Accidents -- Arizona -- Grand Canyon
- 1 Arizona -- History.
- 1 Arizona -- Tourism.
- 1 Brooks, G. Benjamin
- 1 Civil Rights -- Arizona
- 1 Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) -- Arizona -- History.
- 1 Compton, William Edward, 1945-1977.
- 1 Cowboys -- Songs and music.
- 1 DiMaggio, Joe, 1914-1999.
- 1 Elson, Roy Lane.
- 1 Flood damage -- Arizona -- Phoenix.
- 1 Floods -- Arizona -- Salt River.
- 1 Folk Music -- Arizona.
- 1 Freedom of Speech -- Arizona
- 1 Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (Utah And Ariz.))
- 1 Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998.
- 1 Governors -- Utah.
- 1 Greene Arthur Hayward 1895 : Greene family.
- 1 Greene, Arthur Hayward 1895-
- 1 Harless, Meredith (Florence Meredith Howard), 1909-1996 -- Archives.
- 1 Harless, Richard F. (Richard Fielding), 1905-1970.
- 1 Hotel Westward Ho
- 1 Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973.
- 1 Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963.
- 1 Mote, Ted
- 1 Murphy, Jack, 1926-2002.
- 1 National Association for the Advancement of Colored People -- Arizona -- History.
- 1 Peters, Susan, 1921-1952.
- 1 Phoenix (Ariz.) -- History
- 1 Phoenix (Ariz.) -- History -- Pictorial Works.
- 1 Phoenix Metropolitan Area (Ariz.) -- Aerial Photographs.
- 1 Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport -- History.
- 1 Plane Crash
- 1 Political Activists -- Phoenix.
- 1 Pyle, Howard, 1906-1987.
- 1 Ragsdale Mortuary
- 1 Recreation Areas -- Arizona -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 Recreation Areas -- Arizona -- Phoenix -- Planning.
- 1 Rodeos -- Arizona -- History.
- 1 Shrine of St. Joseph of the Mountains
- 1 Starsky, Morris J., 1933-1989.
- 1 Steiger, Sam, 1929-2012.
- 1 Stengel, Casey.
- 1 Street-railroads -- Arizona -- Phoenix.
- 1 Tourism -- Arizona.
- 1 Transportation -- Arizona -- Phoenix -- History.
- 1 United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation. Phoenix -- History.
- 1 Urban Parks -- Arizona -- Phoenix Metropolitan Area -- Public Opinion.
- 1 Valley Life and Casualty Insurance Company
- 1 Watergate Affair, 1972-1974 -- Sources.
- 1 Winton, Jane, 1905-1959.
- 1 Yarnell (Ariz.) -- History.
- 1 Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park (Yuma, Ariz.) -- History.
Film produced by the State of Arizona Development Board to promote tourism ca. 1964. The Grand Canyon, rodeos, hotels and restaurants, fashion shows, Japanese flower gardens, auto, horse and dog racing and many other topics are depicted.
- Arizona Development Board, Canyon Films Inc.
Scanned pages from Herb and Dorothy's inspection copy of their book. Most photographs are labelled with image numbers from their photo collections. The prefix MCL can be added to the five and six digit numbers written on the images to form call numbers for the original Herb and Dorothy McLaughlin Photographs. The MCLMB prefix can be added to written image numbers starting with A (i.e. MCLMB A-156) to request original photographs from the McCulloch Brothers Photographs.
- McLaughlin, Herb, McLaughlin, Dorothy, McCulloch Brothers
Roy Elson, Administrative Assistant to Senator Carl T. Hayden (D-AZ) is interviewed by historian Jack August regarding Arizona politics, Arizona vs. California water allocation litigation, Barry Goldwater, Don Bolles and other topics. Side A: 03:45 James Folsom Moore and Fort Huachuca 05:50 Eugene Pulliam 13:40 Harry Rosenzweig 15:30 Liberty Bank charter controversy 23:05 Don Bolles 29:00 Barry Goldwater 39:35 Arizona vs. California Side B: 00:00 Arizona vs. California continued 07:20 Governor Jerry Brown comes to AZ (1964) 10:45 Morris and Stewart Udall 12:10 Sam Steiger 13:30 Eugene Pulliam 14:20 Don Bolles/Organized crime in AZ
- Elson, Roy, August, Jack
- Created Date
KOOL-TV coverage documenting the event at the Hotel Westward Ho in Phoenix, November 17, 1961. President John F. Kennedy, Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson, Senate Majority Leader Mike Mansfield and Arizona Governor Paul Fannin appear along with a number of other Arizona and national politicians. The event program, an index with time codes and selected clips are also presented.
- Created Date
A color documentary film introducing a "Yarnell Senior Citizen Longevity Study" sponsored by Bobst Products Inc. ca. 1954. The film promotes the town of Yarnell as a retirement destination, including significant footage depicting the Shrine of St. Joseph of the Mountains. Narrated by Governor Howard Pyle.
An online exhibit recast as PDF files for sustainability. The exhibit presents over sixty individual documents from Gilbert's papers, describing the efforts of the Phoenix Mountains Preservation Council to establish and preserve the Phoenix Mountains Preserve.
- Gilbert, Dorothy
- Created Date
An online exhibit documenting the career of Congressman Rhodes, recast in PDF files for sustainability. The exhibit describes Rhodes' political career and includes a series of short essays written by Rhodes, excerpts from his books, and news coverage of events including Watergate and the resignation of President Richard M. Nixon.
- Created Date
An online exhibit presented in PDF files for sustainability. Moving Waters documents the Greene Family's Glen Canyon recreational tourism businesses including Canyon Tours, Inc., Cliff Dweller's Lodge and Wahweap Lodge and Marina. Photographs depicting Glen Canyon before dam construction and the use of airboats on the Colorado River are included.
- Created Date
Off-air copies of KCAC broadcasts including Bill Compton interviews with Ted Mote, Arizona ACLU and terminated Arizona State University professor of Philosophy Morris Starsky (June 11, 1970). Both interviews are joined in progress.
Recorded messages to US servicemen in Vietnam from several Arizona US Senators and Congressmen in February, 1971, and an August 21, 1965 interview with Barry Goldwater re: racial violence in California, defense spending, Central Arizona Project, Republican party politics and his recent back surgery. Murphy's coverage of the 1956 TWA/United airplane crash at the Grand Canyon for KOOL-TV is also included.