University Archives Audio and Visual Materials
The University Archives Audio and Visual Materials consist of archival photographs, audio recordings, motion pictures and video productions selected from the University Archives Collections. Media is added as permissions are secured, and resources for digitization become available.
- 1 Spanish
- 17 Public
- 4 Arizona State University -- History.
- 3 Hayden, Carl Trumbull, 1877-1972.
- 2 Arizona State College at Tempe. Sun Devil Band, Performer.
- 2 Arizona State University -- Baseball -- History.
- 2 Durham, G. Homer (George Homer), 1911-1985.
- 2 Gammage, Grady, 1892-1959.
- 2 Pyle, Howard, 1906-1987.
- 2 Shofstall, Weldon P. (Weldon Perry), 1903-
- 2 Winkles, Bobby
- 1 Adelson, Roger
- 1 Anderson, Dayna
- 1 Arizona State University -- Commencement
- 1 Arizona State University -- History
- 1 Arizona State University -- Libraries -- University Archives
- 1 Arizona State University Alumni Association -- History.
- 1 Arizona State University. Alumni Association.
- 1 Arizona State University. Libraries -- History.
- 1 Asuncion, Lavrin
- 1 Barnes, William
- 1 Barstow, Fred
- 1 Bateman, George Monroe, 1897-
- 1 Burke, Janet
- 1 Cady, Gilbert L.
- 1 Caldwell, Joe (Joe Louis), 1941-
- 1 Carr, Henry
- 1 Collier, Brian
- 1 Covey, Alan D.
- 1 Creasman, James.
- 1 Doby, Lawrence Eugene, 1923-2003.
- 1 Durham, G. Homer (George Homer), 1911-1985
- 1 Edens, Thomas
- 1 Ellis, Robert H., 1928-
- 1 Fannin, Paul J. (Paul Jones), 1907-2002.
- 1 Gammage, Kathryn, 1915-
- 1 Goddard, Samuel P., 1919-2006.
- 1 Goletz, William
- 1 Goodwin, Kemper, 1906-1997.
- 1 Grady Gammage Memorial Auditorium (Tempe, Ariz.)
- 1 Grady Gammage Memorial Auditorium (Tempe, Ariz.) -- History.
- 1 Hayden, Charles Trumbull, 1825-1900.
- 1 Hayden, Sallie Davis, 1880-1962.
- 1 Henshaw, Harold Hascall, 1917-
- 1 Hines, Harold, Conductor.
- 1 Hopkins, Ernest Jerome, 1887-1973.
- 1 Humor in Literature.
- 1 International Society for Humor Studies.
- 1 Iverson, Peter
- 1 Izenour, George C.
- 1 Jones, Linda
- 1 Journalism -- Political Aspects.
- 1 Kemp, Paul
- 1 Knudsen, Vern Oliver, 1893-1974.
- 1 Longley, Kyle
- 1 Luey, Beth
- 1 Mackinnon, Stephen
- 1 May, Catherine
- 1 McKee, R. E.
- 1 McKernan, Felix E., Conductor
- 1 Mexican-Americans -- History
- 1 Mills, John B.,
- 1 Obama, Barack
- 1 Peters, William Wesley.
- 1 Richardson, H.D.
- 1 Rosales, Arturo
- 1 Rudometkin, John, 1940-
- 1 Rush, James
- 1 Salerno, Nicholas A.
- 1 Schellenberg, Arthur B.
- 1 Skolnik, Michael
- 1 Smith, Chris
- 1 Stauffer, Charles A.,
- 1 Strouse, Norman H.
- 1 Tempe (Ariz.) -- History.
- 1 Thompson, Hunter S.
- 1 Thompson, Victoria
- 1 Torre, Joe, 1940-
- 1 Van Dyke, Vonda Kay
- 1 Warnicke, Retha
- 1 Western Humor and Irony Membership Serial Yearbook.
- 1 Whitaker, Matthew
- 1 Willard, Patsy
- 1 Williams, Peggy
- 1 Williams, Ulis
- 1 Wilson, Angela
- 1 Wilson, Norman
- 1 Wright, Olgivanna Lloyd.
- 1 Zimmerman, J. E. (John Edward), 1901-
Promotional film for the university. Color and sound with narration.
- Canyon Films, Inc.
- Created Date
Audio recordings of radio broadcasts sponsored by the ASU Alumni Association. James Creasman is the program host. Sallie Davis Hayden talks about the life and career of her father Charles Trumbull Hayden, and her brother Senator Carl T. Hayden. Alumnus Tom Edens Jr. talks about universities and the search for educated talent with Alumni Association President Hascall Henshaw. Both recordings are ca. 1957
Two videos presenting overviews of ASU history. ASU Generations is a twelve minute comprehensive history of ASU with vintage band music, still photography, video clips and no narration. ASU Generations: Homecoming is a fifteen minute history of Homecoming at ASU with script and narration by University Archivist Robert Spindler.
A motion picture of the KAET TV television broadcast summarizing the accomplishments of Arizona State University in 1964. The ASU College Bowl team, Sun Devil track, men's basketball * College Bowl Team
Video clips and spanish language news story of Chavez speaking at ASU regarding pesticides and farm workers. Event sponsored by the student organization MECHA
- Chavez, Cesar, Nowakowski, Michael, Bernasconi, Soccoro, et al.
- Created Date
Radio broadcasts of Sun Devil Baseball appearances in the 1967 and 1969 College World Series. Bobby Winkles speaks at the 1969 CWS Final 1. 1967 College World Series, Game 8, 1967-06-14. ASU defeats Boston College 8-1. 2. 1969 College World Series, Game 10, 1969-06-17, ASU defeats University of Massachusetts 4-2. 3. 1969 College World Series, Game 13, 1969-06-18, ASU defeats the University of Tulsa 11-3. 4. 1969 College World Series, Game 14, 1969-06-19, ASU defeats NYU 4-1. 5. 1969 College World Series, Final, 1969-06-20, ASU defeats the University of Tulsa 10-1.
A collection of teaching and lecture powerpoint slides regarding various aspects of humor theory. ISHS History: The ASU Years Plus presentation describes six international humor conferences hosted at Arizona State University 1982-1987. Affiliated organizations include the International Society for Humor Studies and the Western Humor and Irony Membership Serial Yearbook. "What We Learned From Teaching HON 394" is included.
- Nilsen, Don Lee Fred, Nilsen, Alleen Pace
An audio recording of the formal dedication of the Grady Gammage Memorial Auditorium at Arizona State University. ASU President G. Homer Durham makes remarks and introduces several invited speakers. The recording is presented in three segments. Part 1: Governor Paul Fannin
- Created Date
A color motion picture production with sound, complete audio recordings of the event and the event program documenting the dedication ceremony for Arizona State University's Charles Trumbull Hayden Library, November 22nd 1966. Motion Picture: ASU President G. Homer Durham dedicates the building, and Senator Carl T. Hayden remembers his father, the namesake of the library. Library facilities and technologies are depicted. Narrated by Librarian Alan D. Covey. Audio Recording: Reel 1 Side A: Norman H. Strouse Remarks Reel 1 Side B: President G. Homer Durham Concluding Remarks ASU Symphonic Band Reel 2 Side A: Rev. Bert Johnson Invocation President Durham …
- Created Date
A video production of the Department of History featuring interviews with several department faculty and alumni.
- Created Date