Alameda-Stone Cemetery, commonly called the National cemetery, was used as Tucson's first cemetery from about 1860 to 1875. It was the direct successor of the cemetery inside the Tucson Presidio. The City of Tucson closed the cemetery in 1875 in anticipation of the coming of the railroad and the sale of the cemetery land for residential and commercial uses. In 1881, the city directed that all burials be removed from the National Cemetery and re-interred at the Court Street Cemetery. However, many burials were not removed before the land was subdivided and developed. These volumes document the archaeological investigation of ...
The State And Local Arizona Documents (SALAD) collection contains documents published by the State of Arizona, its Counties, incorporated Cities or Towns, or affiliated Councils of Government; documents produced under the auspices of a state or local agency, board, commission or department, including reports made to these units; and Salt River Project, a licensed municipality. ASU is a primary collector of state publications and makes a concerted effort to acquire and catalog most materials published by state and local governmental agencies.
The ASU Digital Repository provides access to digital SALAD publications, however the ASU Libraries’ non-digitized Arizona documents can be searched through the ASU Libraries Catalog and Library One Search. For additional assistance, Ask A Government Documents Librarian.
Publications issued by the Morrison Institute for Public Programs at Arizona State University are available in the ASU Digital Repository Morrison Institute for Public Policy - Publications Archive collection.