Senator Carl T. Hayden Audio and Video Materials
- 7 English
- 7 Sound
- 7 Public
- 5 Hayden, Carl Trumbull, 1877-1972.
- 1 Carl Hayden High School (Phoenix, Ariz.)
- 1 Elson, Roy Lane.
- 1 Forestry -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- 1 Goldwater, Barry M. (Barry Morris), 1909-1998.
- 1 Hayden, Carl, Trumbull, 1877-1972.
- 1 Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963.
- 1 Legislators -- United States -- Biography.
- 1 Murdock, John Robert, 1885-1972.
- 1 Nature conservation -- Political aspects -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- 1 Political campaigns -- Arizona.
- 1 Rhodes, John J. (John Jacob), 1916-2003.
- 1 Tempe (Ariz.) -- History.
- 1 Udall, Morris K.
“It’s Roy Elson” musical radio advertisement (to the tune of Hello Dolly) produced for his 1964 campaign for US Senate. Four different musical arrangements/durations.
Carl Hayden biographical interview October 9-12 1961 at Washington DC Office with Jerry O’Leary and unidentified interviewer. Part I (file 5c) features early family and personal history in Tempe and at Stanford University. Includes stories about Maricopa County Sheriff Hayden. Parts II and III (file 5d) feature the story of how he decided to run for Congress and his campaign, his early days in Congress, the forest fire bill and the Hayden Cartwright Act. Congressman John Murdock (D-AZ) joins the interview at 00:36:15 and talks about why Hayden was successful in Congress.
Audio recordings of Senator Carl T. Hayden's brief campaign advertisements presented as a staged interview and likely produced for radio broadcast. Several outtakes and variant versions are presented.
Audio recordings of John F. Kennedy's remarks at several events in Phoenix en route to and during the Carl Hayden Golden Anniversary Dinner at the Hotel Westward Ho. 00:00:00 President John F. Kennedy at Sky Harbor Airport 00:01:10 President Kennedy remarks for high school editors at Carl Hayden High School 00:03:35 President Kennedy at the Westward Ho (Complete remarks)
- Created Date
Apparently the audio track from a 30 minute television program featuring Senators Hayden and Goldwater and US Congressmen Rhodes and Udall.
- Hayden, Carl T., Goldwater, Barry, Rhodes, John, et al.
An audio recording of the award ceremony featuring remarks from Senator Hayden, US Secretary of Agriculture Orville Freeman and US Secretary of the Interior Stewart Udall.
- Freeman, Orville, Udall, Stewart, Hayden, Carl T.
- Created Date
An audio recording of the ceremony featuring a lengthy performance by the US Army Chorus and remarks by Senator Hayden and several other dignitaries. The event host is unidentified since event is joined in progress. 00:00:00 US Army Chorus 00:29:16 Roy Elson, Assistant to Senator Hayden 00:34:15 Douglass Cater, Special Assistant to the President of the United States 00:36:45 Wallace Sterling, President Stanford University 00:44:05 Robert Golden, President Stanford University Alumni Association (medal presentation) 00:46:25 Senator Carl T. Hayden
- United State Army Chorus, Elson, Roy, Cater, Douglass, et al.
- Created Date